Friday 20 May 2011

Underground food, chiefs and drinking games!

Getting on it!

day started early like any other on the kiwi bus headed off at 7:30am




and hit our first stop, a short walk around (insert)








took a stroll over a bridge maximum load 10 people




Does this look like 10 people to you?




Hmmmmmmmm

More pics




Ohhhh



once the walk was over, we got dropped back to our hostel run headed out to "haikaki"

This event was made up of a Maori tribe showing you tribal techniques and tools used years ago along with a play.

on the ride over a "chief" was nominated and had to face a tribal warrior, before entering




Once we entered A tour was given around the tribal village.




Followed by a play




Next was the main feast which had been cooked underground for hours.




little speech after food....




once the biggest meal of my life was consumed headed back to the hostel near the bar for pool




Created a team called badgerhamster heroes for the pub quiz

Done 4 challenges which ended with me on stage in my boxers (clothes line challenge!)

Lost the game but got a free drink and 3 free shots

all and all a pretty good day!

Getting on it tomorrow White water rafting in watitmo caves!

:-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Roturua

2 comments:

  1. Nicky,

    I'm so jealous sounds like your having a great time apart from the issues with your money card. Keep the blog posts coming.

    Emmas moved into a lovely place with Matt, Jyoti is going to climb a mountain in Scotland (forget the name now). I went to Brighton at the weekend and got drunk for 3 days whilst watching bands I never heard of before and stayed in a hostel that had triple bunk beds, don't stay in one of those lol.
    Have fun
    Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. please can I join you, your mother is driving me mad! Got stictches in my side, Dr Silly stitched me up. Haven't taken over your room yet, hope to hear from you soon on skype. Dad

    PS - the ear plugs are working a treat!! Mum

    ReplyDelete