Wednesday 4 May 2011

Packing is a bitch

The day before I jet off, for 5 months and I need to pack and get everything sorted.

Early start followed by a good breakfast!



Before unearthing the many pieces of crap I have to take, I need to phone AA, who I have bought a mastercard cash card from.

Idea is to top your card up by text, or online from your savings account and only spend whats on the card perfect for travelling....

(also good if you get robbed too!)

One problem. I can't top up, so I ring customer service

"Sorry sir our system is down and are unable to help at this moment in time"

hhmmmmmm I leave tomorrow, had the card for a week and STILL can't top up?

Thanks AA.....

So I finish my lovely bacon sandwich.


*burp* with orange juice and coffee.

Anyways lets get on, I bring everything down and realise I have a few small pieces missing, nothing major but as you can tell its a lot of stuff!


So I catch the train to wimbledon, buy a small lock for day bag, razors and torch.


Don't you just love south west trains so reliable.

Got what I needed and grabbed a snack on the way back, since Im going to be gone a while thought id get a dirty kebab, so the food will hopefully taste better when I'm away!


i begin to pack my thyroxine, hayfever spray, malara tablets, immodium, painkillers and anitbiotics into this bag...


got a feeling im going to be known as the "dealer" in most hostels.

Seriously look at this shit.


it's like I'm florence nightingale. (only with man bits).

There's also all my toiliteries there. toothbrush toothpaste etc etc.
Next up gadgets.....


one iphone 3gs with broken volume buttons, sleep button im surprised its still working. I loaded this with TomTom maps for Thailand, Australia and New Zealand. Along with all my music and a handy device for the internet.

Got an old nokia with international sim card for cheap calls, kindle loaded with books and a PSP loaded with SNES, NES, MEGA DRIVE and N64 games.

Travel adaptors and camera also.

This is already doing my nut in remembering this, so more coffee


2 hours later of trying to stuff in 5 months worth of drugs, clothes, gadgets and travel essentials I finally do the mission impossible.


Get it all in.

Time to chill for a bit. My cousin Vinny is on classic film so watch that.



Have my last meal with the family, chat to my main man Adrian about meeting up at the airport and checking in online, only to find out I can't print my boarding pass from the website and it's dissapeared off the face of the earth.

too bad since me and Adrian had seats next to each other, but this may no longer be the case.

Don't fancy a 13 hour flight to Singapore, with some beer breathed Landlord type bloke, who farts every hour just enough to keep you from falling asleep.

Or breathing.

We will see in the morning...

2 comments: