Monday 16 May 2011

Money Money Money!

As I write this I will tell you the wonderful tale of the pain in the arse I have had over the past few days.


pain in the arse #1

being locked out of an account, and not being able to add any cash to this card whatsover we have

cash card number 1. STA CARD MASTERCARD

 Like I mentioned before I have a two cash cards to keep me going on this trip. This is one of them but I have been locked out of my account.

This is genius the uk based customer service number is open 9am to 6pm to help you with this.

Which would be ok if there was not an 11 hour time difference between me and the UK, Since I am in New Zealand!!

however the lost and stolen number is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

seriously what idiot thought of this? if my account is locked and I can't put money on it, its as good as lost or stolen right? So why don't you have the customer service number open 24/7 too?

dipshits.


pain in the arse #2

trying to top up my AA card (another cash card) but not being able to do so, because of verify by visa.

Veritfy by Visa - Useless shite


to give you an idea why this is useless, let me give you a rundown how I would top up my AA card

  • log in
  • username 
  • password
  • enter account number
  • enter birthdate
  • enter secret password
  • then select "top up card"
  • select account to top up with
  • enter security code of card
  • enter amount you wish to top up.

now after 9 steps you would think that was enough right? no, then you have to verfiy by visa by putting in ANOTHER PASSWORD!

and when I do, it doesn't work this shit comes up!


 
so  ive topped up this card before, bought a million things online, but when I go away Verify by visa decides to stop up me adding cash!

Why?

they give you a phone number to call, if this happens so I do, and this is what I get 

"Due to an emergency evacutaion of the building we cannot take your call"

riiigggghhhttttt. So where the fuck are you based then? and if I have a problem online can't it be resolved online so I don't have to ring your evacuated building? 

ring an empty building. right

pain in the arse #3

Adding funds to Skype to resolve issues above


Skype very useful if you can wait


So to call these people and sort this out I decided to use skype. Why? because its 1.4 pence a minute. Cheap as chips and if I keep getting locked out of my accounts, I'll be selling organs to make it home.





I created an account with Skype, and adding calling credit by paypal.

Checked my account afterwards and no funds added.

ok whats going on?

reading the statement of my credit, it turns out I have to wait 4 days for my credit to be activated.

It takes 4 days to be able to call someone.

Or you could use a mastercard like the two I have blocked and its instant.

right ok, now how I am supposed to phone anyone.

  • cashcard 1 locked - cannot phone due to time difference
  • cashcard 2 locked- due to verify by visa
  • Skype - wait 4 days to call anyone for no reason


4 DAYS! I bought stuff worth over a grand and it takes 2 seconds for the funds to clear!

but adding ten quid worth of calling credit on skype 4 DAYS.


If I make it home it will be a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment