Saturday 4 June 2011

golf frisbee teapots of cocktails and jumping off a cliff!

so I finally arrived in queenstown. The town full of extreme sports and bars which is also the last stop for most people on the kiwi bus!

The first day me and adrian played "some disc golf". 18 holes of frisbee flying madness.







Warming up






And ready...






After 18 holes I lost! It was difficult to play since we had crap frisbees and it was windy!














after a day of frisbee throwing we headed that night to the "world bar" where all of the kiwi experience people go for drinks.

They had some cocktails in a teapot I can't remember what was in them exactly but they were bloody nice!







So after a good night out the next day was the day of the Nevis arc Swing the highest swing in the world apparently!

Click the video below to watch.


Sorry Mum.

I still felt a bit hungover and sick from the teapots and my breakfast and doing the swing upside down was not a good idea!

but I done it! Witness the tacky hat and certificate as proof!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nick, have just watched the video clip as I was eating breakfast - half of it ended up on the floor!! Don't do this to me! Must be honest, I only watched it after I saw the picture of you in the crappy hat and certificate, at least that way I know you survived lol..Looks like ur having a great time and at least you're eating something, don't blame you I suppose if everything is over priced but try and get some fruit down you (the kind that's not in cocktails!).Weather here is great, 25 degrees today and sunny - patio still not finished but should be done on Monday. Dad's having trouble with spotify - doesn't work outside in the cab, tried to get a phone number on their website but guess what...no phone number to be found ...yeah, dad loves his phone!!Alex still not heard from Guildford, one week to go. Vicky's baby is due any day now, Angela can't wait. Where is your next stop? Are you heading back up to Auckland soon? Bet you had some washing to do after that jump! You take care and we look forward to your next update. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awful, you would never get me on that! Funny video "Release your hands", "no", RELEASE YOUR HANDS". Hope it's going well! Nothing much to tell you about here, Carters annual boat trip coming up about it!, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!!! You are nuts!!! this made me laugh so much, I spent the first minute mouth wide open and then the rest laughing.. your amazing! The "release your hands" cracked me up and the but where your mate is sat upright and your dangling upside down still :-) I would have crapped myself and the jolt at the end whilst he's reeling you in!!! geez!!!! I was scared just watching.... your updates are fab and always make me smile, it
    certainly looks like you are having a great time, keep it up, lots of love Barbie x x

    ReplyDelete